Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Farms, Eggs, and Field Trips

Libby's class went on a field trip to a local farm the other day. (We took this same farm field trip with Kyndall when she was in Kindergarten.)  Libby is such a girly-girl, and I wasn't sure how she would like it.  Animals, insects... mud!  She completely surprised me and loved it!

 Our first stop was the henhouse.  Everyone got to gather an egg and then pet the baby chicks.

Then we went to the petting zoo.  Libby's favorite was the miniature pot-bellied pig.  It's name was Sweet Pea and it was precious.  She even enjoyed riding the ponies.

MY favorite part was when she milked the cow.  I wish I had recorded it--her face was priceless.  She didn't want to do it, and then she asked if she could wear gloves, but in the end she just did it.  When I asked her about it, she said the cow's udder felt like a baby's bottom.  (When she has felt a baby's bottom, I haven't a clue.)

Fishing happened.  I had to bait her hook and pull the algae off for her, but she enjoyed herself.  She didn't catch a fish (no one in her class did) but she tried really hard!

After lunch, we took a hayride to the playground back behind the farm.  They had a HUGE slide made out of pipe, a horse-drawn buggy ride, and a playground with tire swings.  Libby and I raced down the slides--she cheated and won.

After all the farm excitement was over, the farmhands hid eggs for ALL of Kindergarten to hunt.  Each student found 6 eggs and brought them back with them.  

I have been to this farm several times in the fall, but it was SO neat to go in the spring and see all the new babies.  Definitely a fun place to field trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment