Monday, April 21, 2014

Confession: Easter is My Favorite Holiday

It's true.  Of all the holidays, I think Easter is my favorite.  And this is why.

There is less focus on gifts and more focus on the reason for the holiday.  Yes, the Easter bunny comes with a basket full of goodies, but it's much more low-key than Christmas.


For the past several years, our entire family has gotten together at my mom's house.  This includes both sides of my family AND Justin's family.  It makes it so convenient for us to only have one place to visit, with the added bonus of actually being able to visit without rushing from place to place.

Egg hunts.  Need I say more?

Spring weather.  Really, the weather in April (usually) beats October, November, and December by a landslide.  This Easter, the temperature was 75 degrees and sunny, with just enough of a breeze to make it feel nice.

The church program.  I don't really know why, but I like our Easter program more than the one they do at Christmas.  This year, one of my friends' sons was the angel who rolled away the tomb.  Let me tell you, he rolled that tomb away like a BOSS.  The expression on his face was priceless.  And then, as Jesus came out, he fist bumped the angel.  Now if that's not the icing on the cake, I don't know what is!

PS:  Remind me of this post when November rolls around and I'm loving Thanksgiving.  Or December comes and I'm relishing in the Christmas season.  Because those holidays are pretty awesome, too.  

No comments:

Post a Comment